Published: 17 April 2023
Elections are taking place in your area on Thursday, 4 May 2023 to elect Councillors to both Windlesham Parish and Surrey Heath Borough Councils:
· Windlesham Parish Council – Lightwater Ward - 7 seats representing Lightwater Village were uncontested, with the number of candidates seeking to be elected being fewer than the number of places available for election. Windlesham Parish Council will advertise the 2 vacancies for co-option to the Lightwater Ward soon.
· Surrey Heath Borough Council - 3 seats representing Lightwater Village will be up for election.
The polling stations for the above elections will be detailed on your polling card. Venues are: All Saints Church Hall, Broadway Road Lightwater GU18 5SJ and the Briars Centre, Briars Avenue, Lightwater GU18 5YY.
If you would like to view details on the candidates standing for election, please visit the Surrey Heath Borough Council website after the 4th April 2023:
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO VOTING - YOU MUST BRING PHOTO ID OR A VOTER AUTHORITY CERTIFICATE otherwise you will not be allowed to vote!
Only photo identification on the Government’s approved list will be accepted. These include:
- UK passport
- Passport for a Commonwealth country or a European Economic Area (EEA) state
- Photocard driving licence (includes a provisional licence)
- Photocard driving licence from Channel Islands, Isle of Man or EEA state.
- An older person’s or disabled person’s bus pass
- The Blue Badge, to support disabled voters
The full list of identification you can use can be found on the Government website: