Windlesham Election Information
Published: 17 April 2023
Elections are taking place in your area on Thursday, 4 May 2023 to elect Councillors to both Windlesham Parish and Surrey Heath Borough Councils:
· Windlesham Parish Council – Windlesham Wards - 5 seats representing the following Windlesham Village Wards will be up for election:
- Windlesham (north) - 2 seats - the area north of Snows Ride
- Windlesham (south) - 3 seats - the rest of Windlesham village
· Surrey Heath Borough Council - 6 seats representing the Windlesham Village Wards will be up for election – please note for the purposes of voting at Borough Councillor level, Windlesham Village is divided into 2 areas:
o Bagshot - 3 seats - the area north of Snows Ride which is included with Bagshot at Borough level so you will vote for Bagshot Councillors.
o Windlesham & Chobham - 3 seats - the rest of Windlesham village which is included with Chobham so you will vote for Chobham and Windlesham Councillors.
The polling station for the above elections will be at Windlesham Club and Theatre, Kennel Lane.
If you would like to view details on the candidates standing for election, please visit the Surrey Heath Borough Council website after the 4th April 2023 :
Please note: if the number of candidates seeking to be elected is the same as, or fewer than the number of places available for election, the election will be considered uncontested, and all candidates will be elected with no poll taking place.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO VOTING - YOU MUST BRING PHOTO ID OR A VOTER AUTHORITY CERTIFICATE otherwise you will not be allowed to vote!
Only photo identification on the Government’s approved list will be accepted. These include:
- UK passport or Passport for a Commonwealth country or a European Economic Area (EEA) state
- Photocard driving licence (includes a provisional licence)
- Photocard driving licence from Channel Islands, Isle of Man or EEA state.
- An older person’s or disabled person’s bus pass
- The Blue Badge, to support disabled voters
The full list of identification you can use can be found on the Government website:
If you do not have access to the internet, the full list is available at the Council offices, The Avenue, Lightwater, GU18 5RG - Mon-Fri 10am-2pm.