Esso Pipeline Project Update
Published: 01 December 2021
Surrey Heath Borough - Installation Update Issue Date: November 2021
Please visit www.slpproject.co.uk for the latest updates. You can also keep up to date with the latest news by following them on Facebook @SLPConstructionProject Twitter @ConstructionSLP or by signing up to their newsletter at slpproject.co.uk/signup to get regular updates.
Vegetation clearance in Colony Bog & Bagshot Heath to prepare the working area. Vegetation clearance is undertaken in the winter months to avoid bird nesting season. Installation will take place at the end of Summer 2022.
Works in Chobham Common
• Installation of three trenchless sections of replacement pipeline across Chobham Common, • installation of Heras-style fencing around the working areas. These areas are for the launch and reception pits of the trenchless crossings and pipe stringing areas, • two compounds are in use in the common, and • improvement works are being done on the access track.
• From December 2021, they will start construction of the compounds located at Turf Hill (5E) and Halebourne Lane (5F),
•they will start vegetation clearance between Halebourne Lane and Windlesham Road in December 2021, followed by open-cut pipe installation starting January 2022,
• trenchless crossing installation under Windlesham Road (TC023) is due to start January 2022,
• vegetation clearance at SC Johnson Land will continue in January 2022, and
• in January 2022, they will start vegetation clearance from Windlesham Road to Steep Hill, followed by open-cut works which are due to start February 2022.